Please read the following terms and conditions
1. By registering with us, you agree to provide accurate
and current information about yourself and to update that
information if it changes. During registration we will send
you a verification email. You will need to follow the instructions
in this email to activate your account. This is to make sure
you control the email account you are using to register.
2. Oldoppos currently offers standard full Membership (which
is provided to those purchasing an annual subscription currently £5)
and basic Membership (fly on the wall)
Basic members may:
- Post their name in all relevant Oldoppos areas (ships,
regiments, squadrons, units etc)
- Search for friends by unit and name
- View the various member directories including browsing
Navy, Army, and Air Force details
- Read all unit notice board postings
- Read unit information, including reunion details
- Receive messages from Full members
- Optionally receive our various emails, which provide
discounts and other information of interest
to our members.
You may opt-out of these email services at any time.
Full members may also:
- Send messages to anyone listed in the system
- Post to all Navy, Army, and Air Force notice boards
- Post photos of the unit or themselves in the Galleries
- Edit certain unit data including reunion details
3. Although we have no obligation to screen or edit information
that is posted or shared by members, we reserve the right
to remove any objectionable information, at our discretion,
You agree to:
- Follow all national and international laws and regulations.
- Take responsibility for all acts that occur under your
account or password, including any content transmitted
from your account.
- Maintain the confidentiality of your password and login
- Comply with all intellectual property and other proprietary
rights laws in the use of the site and in making
your personal profile and submissions of stories.
only accurate and appropriate personal information about
Please do not post sexually explicit language.
You agree to keep your personal information posted on
the site within the convention of good taste. If
inappropriate material is brought to our attention, we will
that you revise or delete the inappropriate information.
We have the right to request edits or make edits to your
personal information at our discretion.
Although we have no obligation to police the site, we will
remove content that is clearly inappropriate when it is brought
to our attention.
If you submit any offensive, obscene, false, unreliable
or misleading information we reserve the right to suspend
or terminate membership to oldoppos.co.uk websites and/or
any OldOppos service.
You agree NOT to:
- Use incognito names when registering or communicating on
- Use your access to OldOppos for any commercial purpose.
OldOppos primary source of income comes from our
full membership fees
one of the primary services we offer is the ability
to reconnect with old shipmates. Initial connections are
made via our
service to protect your privacy and to prevent misuse
your personal information.
4. Credit card use: Credit card details are entered
into a secure server.
They are never revealed to OldOppos and we will not keep
on file any details (except the receipt issued by our Bank).
If you decide to become a Full Member, and therefore pay
our Full Membership fee, you are agreeing to take the Full
Membership we make available to you shortly after that
fee is paid. You will not be entitled to any refund of that
Your Full Membership will last for twelve months.
5. The automatic renewal service (futurePay) is provided
and helps to prevent unwanted deletion of a Service. FuturePay
will attempt to renew your Service(s) on the renewal date
for a one year term by charging the most recent credit/debit
card on file with us for your account the then-current
retail price for such renewal. The automatic renewal service
is provided as a convenience for you but in no way guarantees
a desired renewal. It is your obligation to affirmatively
renew any desired service. In addition, OldOppos Limited
has no obligation to attempt to renew your service if your
most recent credit card on file with us for your account
is not accepted according to OldOppos Limited payment processing
You also acknowledge and agree that if you do not want
futurepay automatic renewal service to apply to your services,
must affirmatively opt out of the futurepay agreement.
To administer the agreement, please login to the customer
system at: www.worldpay.com/admin The Customer Management
System enables you to view agreement transactions. Failure
to affirmatively opt out of the automatic renewal service
constitutes your authorization and consent for OldOppos
Limited to attempt to automatically charge your credit card
retail price for such renewal.
6. Personal Information and submissions: By submitting your
personal, reunion and related information to us, you are
thereby granting to OldOppos a royalty-free, worldwide,
non-terminable, exclusive license to use this information
and your exact words (and excerpts and edited versions
of your submissions) in all media not known or hereinafter
developed. No payments shall be due to you for such grant
of rights, and you may not receive credit as the author
of such works in any use of them.
7. This site may contain links to other websites/associations.
OldOppos does not endorse any other site and is not liable
for any loss or damages related to the content, products
or services available through those sites.
OldOppos Limited or its affiliates may offer new or additional
services through OldOppos.co.uk website from time to time.
Your use of those services may be subject to additional terms
and conditions, or rules of use, which you must comply with.
8. OldOppos reserves the right to discontinue, delete and
change the content or purpose of the site from time to time.
OldOppos also reserves the right to change the Terms of Service.
The Terms of Service in effect at the time of your use shall
govern your use of the site.